The Euro Cup has kicked off in style and whether you’re Italian, Icelandic, English, German or just straight up Canadian, you can’t deny that the soccer fever is catching! Everywhere you go, people are cheering and booing at the TV like their lives depends on whether their teams makes that winning goal. We are happy to say that we are no different. Our Italian blood is calling out to us, compelling us to show support and make wild gestures at the TV. In that spirit, we felt that we’d post 5 things you need to have at Boom Breakfast if you’ve got Euro Cup Fever.
- BEER! Let’s just be clear about this, there is absolutely nothing in the world that brings soccer fans together better than beer. Whether you enjoy Mill St. Organic or the Mill St. Tankhouse Ale, you pretty much have to have a beer in your hand if you’re ever going to be considered a serious soccer fan. They also happen to be just $3 at Boom Breakfast throughout Euro Cup!
- High Energy Omelette: It takes energy to keep up with the momentum in a fast-paced game like soccer, even if you’re just cheering. Thus, we give you our fresh omelette made with turkey chorizo, mushrooms, caramelised onions, and roasted red peppers. If that doesn’t get you pumped…well then you’re just being difficult.
- The Banquet Burger: All sports come with a side of burgers, that’s just the way it is. So if you’re getting swept up by the action, what you need in front of you is a juicy sirloin steak burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Take a big boy bite and remind yourself that win or lose the match, you’re still a winner when it comes to awesome meals.
- Prosciutto Panino: In case you’re cheering for Italy, get into character with an all out Italian breakfast Panino made with Prosciutto, arugula, fior di latte cheese, tomato and olive oil. It’ll make game-time downright fantastico!
- Chocolate Monkey: In every game there are winners and there are losers. Sometimes you might end up being on the losing side, but that’s okay because you can eat your sorrows and come out stronger…or at least happier. Have a go at our freshly baked waffle topped with fresh strawberries, bananas, chocolate sauce and powdered sugar. You can’t be upset after that, it’s just not humanly possible.
So do stop by at the restaurant where you can tell us all about your favourite teams, players and predictions for the Euro cup. Enjoy some great drinks, food and watch soccer at Boom Breakfast: the best breakfast place in Toronto to get into the spirit of the Euro Cup.